Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day at Sea...Gulf of Alaska

Last nights entertainment was so good! We didn't really know what we were going to see. We knew it was going to be Jeff Trachta but we didn't know what he was going to do. Well he sang for us and did some really great impressions. I know that doesn't sound that great, but look him up on youtube. He was great!!!

Today was a sea day. We woke up a little after 7am and then went to breakfast in the dining room like yesterday. The food was just as good as it was yesterday and so was the service. Much better than dinnertime dining service that's for sure. After that, we went to a cooking demonstration where they showed us how they made the cinnamon rolls on board. They gave us samples and they were pretty good. They weren't out of this world cinnamon rolls like they have at cinnabon but they were pretty good. We didn't do anything until we went to a seminar with our future cruise consultant Jayne. She's the one that I said that was from Dallas and her mom is a kindergarten teacher. The seminar made me TIRED. She had a lot of really great information on future cruises. I want to go on one, but the ones I REALLY want to go on are only offered while I'm teaching. I love cruising so I think any cruise would be really fun! After that it was time for our suite lunch. It was so good. There were a lot of little appetizer type things. Then the dessert included chocolate covered strawberries which you all know are my FAVORITE! :) After lunch we went back to hear Jeff Trachta talk about his life and the way he got into the things he has done in life such as his different soap operas. That was really really interesting. Afterwards we came back to the room before another seminar on watches….there was nothing else to do at that time. Then we went to BINGO….Mom didn't win and I didn't play. After Bingo we had just enough time to come back to the room to get ready for dinner. We had reservations at the Canneletto for dinner. It's one of the specialty restaurants on the ship that is no extra charge to eat at. It is italian and it was pretty good. After dinner, we got ready for our daily spa visit. That was very pleasant once again. The view from the spa is really nice so we did some whale watching while we were in there but we didn't see anything. We made our way back to our room after we left and decided to spend our evening out on the balcony doing some whale watching. There are tons of whales outside right now and we are enjoying watching them and trying to take pictures. It's a great sight to see! :)

Tomorrow is Anchorage. Hopefully I'll get some time to blog at the end of the day but we have a very busy day with our excursions starting around 9am and it's 10 hours long. Then we have reservations at The Pinnacle at 8:30 and I'm sure at that point we will be exhausted. We might not make it to the spa tomorrow but we don't know if our schedule will allow our daily visit. So, if you don't hear from me tomorrow, you will certainly hear from me on Tuesday when we stop our our port in Homer. Check back for more pictures in a few days too. I'm sure we will have more to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment