Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 19

This morning we got up around 8 and got ready.  We packed our things and went down for one last meal in vernazza.  We still had Internet time to use up too so we used that while eating breakfast.  Our train left around 10:30.  We had one train change in monterroso and then we got on our direct train to Milan.  When we first got on, we were the only ones in our little room so we decided to spread out.  Then along comes a lady who is assigned to the seat I'm in....really, can't she pick another seat?!?!  I was comfortable.  So I moved and then I was facing backwards which can me me sick on some days. So I moved to face forwards next to the lady.  Of course about 30 minutes later a man gets on and I'm in his seat again.....I had to settle for the seat I was assigned, facing backwards.  Once in Milan we took the short way to the hotel which really means taxicab.  We checked in and got some rockin awesome rooms thanks to Elise.  Only downfall....no airconditioning....boo!  We even got access to the executive lounge and free wifi which was referred to as weefee by the hotel guy.  So after our check in we ventured out to do some shopping.  We ate a nice tasty dinner followed by gelato.  We ended up going back soon after because it started storming.  We made a quick stop at the local supermarket to get some breakfast for our morning train ride to Zurich.  We left with cheese, croissants, muffins, fruit, chocolate and olive bread.  We went back to relax a bit and rest up for our exciting train ride through the alps.  It's an early train ride but it should be beautiful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment