Sunday, April 10, 2011

Seattle Restaurants

Palace Kitchen
Neighborhood: Belltown
2030 Fifth Ave, Seattle, WA 98121-2505
(206) 448-2001



We had walked by Palace Kitchen several times on our way to and from Top Pot Doughnuts. We had noticed the ceramic rooster in the front window but didn't really think anything of it being a great restaurant. When we met with one of my friends that I grew up with 3rd-12th grade, she mentioned that it was a good place to eat, so we decided to try it out for our last meal in Seattle before heading back to Dallas the next morning. We both got burgers...the Palace Burger Royale to be exact..." palace burger royale~wood grilled oregon country beef, dahlia bakery bun, pickled green tomato and fries." It was heavenly! Oh and I forgot to mention the goat cheese and lavender fondue that we had before our meal. The cheese was some of We had thought about getting desert before we left but we picked up our desert before we even ate dinner...which brings me to my next restaurant OR doughnut shop.

Top Pot Doughnuts
DowntowN Seattle
2124 5th Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
206-728-1966

HOURS:
M-F 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM
S-S 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM



The only way I knew about Top Pot was because a few weeks early I was watching a show on Travel Channel about doughnuts. Top Pot just happened to be on there. When I saw that it was in Seattle, I made note of the name and looked it up online. I told Mom that we had to go there. We were going to wait until after the cruise because we didn't think we would have time to go before our cruise...BUT, we did! When you walk into Top Pot, it's like heaven, especially for the doughnut lover. There are so many options. It's better to go in the morning though, because the second and third time we went, it was later in the day and the options are limited. The doughnuts just melt in your mouth...they are that good. They are better than Krispy Kreme Donuts which I love. If you are ever in Seattle you must try Top Pot. There are several locations. The one we went to was right by the monorail line and right down the street from Palace Kitchen. We are planning to go back to Seattle at the end of our Alaska cruise in June and I will definitely be visiting Top Pot and I sure intend to bring some doughnuts back on the plane with me.

Mama's Mexican Kitchen
2234 2nd Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Downtown Belltown


The last restaurant I want to share with you is one that you would not expect to eat at in Seattle. I mean with Seattle being on the coast, you would think that we would have eaten seafood most of the time, but when you are from Texas, you can only go so long without Mexican food. Now all of us Texans know real mexican food. Most of the time when you eat mexican food in another state besides Texas, it's not that great. But I can assure you that if you want some good mexican food while you are in Seattle, try Mama's Mexican Kitchen. It was delicious! Mom has been there several times. That's the reason we went. She had been there before and remembered how good it was. From what I remember, I had enchiladas. When I go to a new mexican restaurant, I always order cheese enchiladas. In my opinion, you can tell a lot about a mexican restaurant from their cheese enchiladas. They were great and I was comletely stuffed at the end of my meal.

So if you are ever in Seattle and want doughnuts, mexican food, or a great burger and cheese fondue, I suggest you check out one or all of these restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment