Friday, May 6, 2011

Alaska

 

 Kodiak, Alaska


This week on Kelly's Korner, people are sharing their favorite vacation destinations. Well those of you who know me, know that this is so hard for me because anywhere I travel, I'm in my happy place. BUT, I think my favorite vacation spot would have to be ALASKA.

Alaska is like a different country. It is incredible! I don't really know how to describe it. Those of you who have ever been can probably agree with me that it is impossible to describe the beauty that you will see there. If you get a chance, I would totally recommend going.

I went to Alaska last summer on a cruise. I went with my mom on a roundtrip cruise out of Seattle for 14 days. It was such a great trip. Not only did I have a great time with my mom, but I got to see things that I have never seen before. I saw glaciers, and icebergs, whales, sea lions, bears, and tons more. The glaciers amazed me! I was in awe as we got closer. God's creation is just indescribable.

I will be leaving to go to Alaska in exactly a month from tomorrow. I will be bloggin along the way just as I did last year. All of my previous Alaskan experiences are in the archives of this blog. This time I am traveling for 12 days throughout the land of Alaska and the Yukon. We will start in Vancouver and fly to Whitehorse and be on a big coach bus and trains the rest of the time. Then we will be getting on a cruise ship in Seward which is not too far from Anchorage. Then we will be cruising back to Vancouver. Then from there we are going down to Seattle to stay a night because we can't miss Seattle. If we are going to be that close to Seattle, there is no missing it.

So I invite you to follow me along on my Alaskan adventure in June. I can't wait!

We took a raft down a river after rafting up close to some glaciers.  Then we took the train back towards Anchorage and got off at some point to take a bus back to Anchorage. 

My beautiful Mom and Me on our float trip down the river.
We spent the day at Glacier Bay.  In the background is a Princess ship.

Beautiful Alaska shoreline.

I went snorkeling in Ketchikan.  One of the best experiences ever.  We snorkeled less than 100 feet from whales.  Incredible!!!

Before our whale spotting.

I spy whales!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous you went to Alaska and are going back soon! I want to visit Alaska so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Alaska is definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete