Thursday, November 24, 2011

9/11 Memorial and Balloon Inflation

Today we went on the water taxi to the 9/11 Memorial. It was surreal being there and imagining that day 10 years ago. We tried to catch the next taxi to the next stop but we missed it just barely. That was ok because we hot some of the tasty nuts they sell in NYC. As I was standing there eating my nuts a squirrel came right up to me begging for nuts. I'm not sure I've ever been so close to a squirrel before. I finally gave him a few nuts but not before snapping a few photos. Check fb for those in a week or so. It started raining (again) while we waited. We stayed on the taxi until our final stop with a picture shot in the rain but it was all good.

We rested a little at the hotel after we got back. Then we made our way to central park to watch the balloons being inflated. So neat!!! It rained a little but I didn't melt. We also went to times square and ate at a little pub that I'll write more about later.

In the morning it's up early to get our frontbrow spots for the pardade. Exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment