Wednesday, November 9, 2011

day 9: my job

I could go on and on about how thankful I am for my job. I'm not only thankful that I have a job but that I have such an incredible job that allows me to make such an impact on kids at an early age. So many people view kindergarten as the grade that kids play all day, take naps, and make new friends. Yes they do make new friends (some that are friends for life) and get to play (but not all day) but we do not nap. Instead of napping I am teaching children how to read, how to be independent, and how to think for themselves and be problem solvers. Who doesn't remember their kindergarten teacher??? I know mine and if you asked anyone around you they can most likely tell you their kindergarten teachers name. I love the fact that at the age of 5 and 6 they think you are the best person in the world besides mom and dad. I love that they love me no matter what. I am thankful that I can act silly with them and teach them to love learning at the same time. I won't lie, my job can be very stressful and filled with long hours and a ton of paperwork but I get to do what I love. Also I get a break in the summer to travel the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment