Thursday, December 1, 2011

day 29 & 30

I've been slacking a bit lately.  The day I got back from NYC I came down with a cold.  I don't know when the last time I have been sick is so I wasn't really sure how to manage.  I did manage though and now I'm getting back to normal.  I have challenged myself to blog about being thankful and I have been reminded that I have so much to be thankful for. 

So the last 2 things I want to blog about being thankful for are...

1.  My health:  I know I just wrote about being sick but seriously I am usually never sick.  I have lived a decently healthy life and I am thankful for that.  I can keep up with the best of them and for that I am grateful. 

2.  My Grandmother:  She is one of the greatest people that I know.  She never meets a stranger and always has a smile on her face.  I vividly remember spending school holidays, summer vacations, and sick days with her.  She would do what we wanted and did everything in her power to make sure we had a great time.  We made forts with her, cooked and baked, played on her computer, and she even put us to work numerous time.  Everyone loves Nanny.  She has always encouraged us and raised 3 wonderful daughters along with my grandfather that I never had the chance to meet.  I'm am eternally grateful for raising the best youngest daughter that she raised (which is also my mom :)) even if my mom did talk her into letting her eat ice-cream cones for breakfast morning after morning.  She means a lot to us all and I don't think we tell her that often enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment