Monday, April 9, 2012

finally...my alaska memories

Today is the day I have been waiting for....I waited a while to make and order my Alaska Shutterfly books. The main reason was because my computer used to be terrible. I waited and waited and tried to figure out how I was going to be able to swing buying an iMac. Keep in mind that I have expensive taste and I like getting the best, or the best that I can afford. I knew they I would be getting a tax refund but I knew I needed to wait to see how much I would be getting so that I could see what I could comfortably afford. I wanted to pay off my Canon and then go from there with my refund. I decided to use my refund to pay off my camera with some left over and then open a credit card through Apple to get 1 year no interest. I know Dave Ramsey says don't do credit for things but sometimes that's how I roll. I am very disciplined when it comes to paying things off in the allotted time so I know this won't be a problem. I love my new computer and I'm so glad that I have now crossed over into the Mac world. Moving on.....I realized that I had a code to get a free 20 page photo book from Shutterfly that would be expiring at the beginning of April. I knew that I needed to get the computer fast so I could get to work and make my book. I knew that 20 pages wasn't going to be enough but any amount of free helps when I'm making something like this. I started on the book and new it was just going to be average because of the time I had to make it. I think I started on it one day and did some the next day. Then the next day at school I got an email from a coworker with a code for another free Shutterfly book. I knew I needed to buy two. I always get two of the trips I go on with my mom. She needs a copy too. So the day I got the code, I put the code in my Shutterfly account and went home and quickly finished my book. It took about 4 hours that day but I'm glad I finished it. I put the order in and got free shipping and some other freebies too. The book arrived today and I LOVE IT!!!
Shutterfly is probably my favorite place to make books. It's probably because that is where all my pictures are and it's easy to use. They have added a bunch of new features (well I guess they did last year) that allow you to do lots of "scrapbooking" type stuff. I'm totally not a scrap booker but I'm a technology lover so that makes it easy. My next big book will be after my big Australia/New Zealand trip. It will be here before I know it and I am so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment