Wednesday, April 25, 2012

texas summer

I'll be staying close to home this summer due to the fact that I'll be going quite a distance at Christmas for a vacation.  This summer I'll remain in Texas.  I'm excited about the trips, BUT not too excited about the potential heat.

Trip #1 is to Austin to see some of my besties!  My college friends are near and dear to my heart.  They are my Golden Girls.  We've been through a lot together and seen each other through the best and the worst of times.  When we get together we never skip a beat.  They are a group of girls that I remember blogging about in my "thankfulness" blogs.  We try to plan a reunion at least once a year.  It didn't quite work out last year.  I saw a few of the girls randomly throughout the year but never all at once.  I'm not sure it will work out this year for all of us to be together.  Anyways, I'm looking forward to some good bonding and fun times to be had in Austin.

Trip #2 is to Fredericksburg with some work friends.  We don't have all the details but it's gonna be a fun trip.  Just think...shopping and wineries and eating.  What more could I ask for?  I'm just hoping that the heat will be a little more gentle than last year.  I cannot handle the brutality.

I might try to sneak another random fun trip in there.  I'm not sure where and if I'll come up with anything, but hopefully I will and it will be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment