Saturday, June 2, 2012

let the countdown begin

Each year seems to go faster and faster.  At the start of my school year, I said "It will be summer before we know it" and here it is.  The students have grown--they are older, wiser, smarter-- the temps are warmer and life goes on.  I truly am going to miss quite a few of my students this year.  I know they were handpicked for me and I am grateful that I got to care for and teach them this past year.  There parents trusted me with them each day, trusted that I would teach them, be sensitive to their needs, and nurture them.  I am thankful that I get the chance to be a role model to my students, to these sweet young inquisitive minds.  I will miss them but in a few months I will get new little children, new minds to mold and teach.

IN THE MEANTIME.....

I will be relaxing and traveling a little.  I must start a countdown to Fredericksburg and Austin.  I love friend time and spending time with them.  I was just reminiscing earlier today about college and those times that I met some of my dearest friends.  I have been out of college without those dear friends down the hall from me for almost 10 years.  It's hard to believe.  Those were some of the best years of my life and I wouldn't trade them for ANYTHING!  I can't wait to spend quality time with those dear friends that mean the world to me, that bring out the best in me.

So....let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment