Sunday, June 17, 2012

selfless

I guess I've always been a daddy's girl, but I've only really seen it in the past 5 years or so.  My dad is one of the most caring, loving, thoughtful, and selfless men I know.  He is constantly doing things for me and making sure that I have everything I could possibly need.  If I tell him I'm looking for something, he will look for whatever it is and most of the time, he will find it and get it to me within a few days.  This can work to my advantage and I know how blessed I am to have a dad that goes above and beyond.  He's the one that remembers to water my yard....I don't remember.  He's the one that will make sure I am up to date on my oil changes.  I'm pretty sure that if he wasn't checking on those oil changes, I know I wouldn't remember.  He checks on my house when I'm out of town.  He's my ride to and from the airport whenever I go anywhere as long as he's in town.  He's always thinking about the kids in my classroom and if he sees something that they might like or that I might be able to use in my classroom, he gets it for me.  He is such a generous man.  I'm not sure what I would do without him in my life.  

People tell me I'm spoiled......I tell them, "At least I'm not spoiled rotten."  

This might be one of my favorite pictures of my dad and me.  I have heard stories about how my dad would stay up with me at night and we would watch movies so that my mom could sleep. 

This is another picture that was taken this past Christmas when I had my parents over for brunch on Christmas Day.   

And this last picture is one of his favorites that I added to the card I made him on Shutterfly for Father's Day.  He's not in it, but I do agree that it's pretty darn cute!  Oh, and in case you are wondering, yes my hair is red in the picture.  It was reddish and turned strawberry blonde and still has some red under the blonde.  


I will always be Daddy's Little Girl and I am eternally grateful for his love and all he has ever done for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment