Thursday, June 23, 2011

Haines

Yesterday we went to Haines.  Our ship docked early....at 7am....too early for me to get off the ship after all those early mornings on the land adventure.  I woke up to eat and then took a morning nap.  Mom went out to explore with Chase and Lauren but I was just fine taking a nap.  She got back and I was just getting up to get ready for the day.  We had an excursion in old motor cars.  The cars were fun and the tour was short.  We ended the tour with a visit to a hammer museum.  It was quite interesting.  Basically after that we went back to the ship.  I don't even remember what we did.  I do remember eating bread pudding for lunch.  That is basically my staple lunch on the ship.  It's just enough to keep me from getting hungry before dinner and not too much so that I'm too full to eat dinner.  I seem to be eating less than I have on previous cruises.  I think it's because the food isn't as good as it has been in the past.  We also went to the spa drawing at 5pm yesterday.  Last year Mom and I were both lucky.  Well yesterday was my lucky day because I WON!  I won a massage and had it today.....it was heavenly.  Last night we didn't do much.  Just went to dinner and relaxed at the spa.  Then when we got back, I relaxed on the balcony because the weather was so nice.  Our neighbors got really loud on their balcony so I ended up coming because in because I didn't want to listen to them.  I'm not sure if I mentioned them before but we went on this excursion in Denali and there were these 4 women in the back of the bus that complained that they couldn't hear the bus driver.  Well the reason they couldn't hear is because they wouldn't stop talking.....go figure.  So lucky of us to be right next door to them :)  Anyways, then we moved on during the night to Juneau.

No comments:

Post a Comment