Monday, September 3, 2012

GYR 2012

This is a long overdue post about one of the best parts about each summer and also happened to be the very last exciting thing that happened this summer, so I had to wait ALL SUMMER for this goodness.....GYR 2012!  For those of you who are not familiar with those acronyms, it stands for Golden Years Reunion.  College were the Golden Years that none of us will ever forget.  We bonded, became special sisters that some of us never had.  Now we try to reunite at least once a year.  Last year we didn't because of scheduling conflicts but I'm determined to see all my girls at least once a year from now on.  It's tough because we don't live in the same city but I am making it my goal from now on!

This year the reunion was in Austin.  Unfortunately one of our members of our little group was not able to join us.  It's hard to get away when you have 2 small children, but hopefully she will be able to make the next reunion.  We started the reunion on Wednesday evening when everyone finally arrived via plane to Austin.  Sweet Kara made 3 trips to the airport that day.  The first trip was to take her husband so he could get out of time for some guy time.  Then she picked Elise up midday and then the rest of us flew in around the same time so she got all of us at once.

Our first big surprise was that Kara was expecting!  Poor thing was sick while we were there but she was such a trooper.  She is expecting her first little Langley baby in March.  I can't wait to have another GYR baby in the mix.  One day I know that all the little GYR babies will be in the same room playing together while their mommas are in the kitchen and their daddies are all outside.

Next on our agenda was eating.  That's one of the things we do best.  I have a special bond with other foodies.  Maybe that's why we all became such good friends:)  I don't remember all the details of the weekend but I know that it involved lots of girl time, discussions, relaxation, food, and sleeping.  I had told a friend before I went on my trip that the girls like to stay up late.  Well as we have gotten older and older our bedtimes have become earlier and earlier.  I'd say we were in bed by midnight most nights and the reason we weren't in bed earlier the other night is because we took a random impromptu trip to San Antonio.

The trip was the perfect way to end the summer!  It was such a treat to spend 5ish days with the best friends a girl could ask for.  They don't judge and love me just the way I am.  We always pick up right where we left off.  I love them more than they know!

No comments:

Post a Comment